Home and Garden

Is black mold toxic for humans?

Mold visible on the wallThe short answer is yes. Black mold is toxic. But that does not mean that you should keep black mold out of your house. Everyone has different degrees of tolerance for different allergens, such as black mold spores, but this is an allergen just like anything else. As one study put it, black mold has been proven to be a toxic source of illness in the past three decades. The illnesses were caused by inhalation of the black mold spores, which can cause coughing, wheezing, chest congestion, memory loss, and other serious health conditions. Even though the medical community has acknowledged that black mold in the house is indeed toxic, they still do not recommend black mold removal at this time.

If you have black mold in your house, one of the key things you can do is cut down on your home's high humidity levels. As you know, black mold grows best when there is a lot of humidity, either from water leakage or standing water. Black mold likes to grow in areas where the humidity is higher than 60%, and this means that humidifiers are your best bet to solve the problem. AskCleaner has a guide at https://askcleaner.club/mold-removal-services-faq/ where they talk about how professional mold removal services like Stanley Steemer do it.

Black mold is a severe problem, and there is no need for you to take these symptoms for granted. If you or anyone in your family develops any of the symptoms listed above, you will want to get tested. You may have mold allergies, and you don't even know it! The same holds if you develop asthma symptoms or any of the other short-term respiratory symptoms. The best way to prevent this from happening is to have your home inspected for any black mold symptoms and eliminate the problem right away.